Thursday, March 18, 2010

"So what are you going to do with a studio art degree?"


After graduating from the one and only UNC, and answering the many questions of what I was going to possibly do with a Studio Art degree, I was lucky enough to land a job in (drumroll please ..) an art studio! Goldbug Studio is in Raleigh, North Carolina, where you can find pounds and pounds of shimmer and glitter. The company was created by Ashley Carter. I started as a studio assistant, in which I helped design and construct gifts from wedding cake toppers to party hats and glitter birds.

While working there, I began to do the photography for Ashley, and soon enough, I was doing most all of the in house photography for Goldbug Studio. Now, even though I've moved to Greensboro, and no longer work as a studio assistant, I am still heading to Raleigh whenever I'm needed to photograph new pieces for the website, or to take style shots for Ashley send to Bergdorf Goodman! Even better, I get to see some of my favorite girls, who I miss like crazy!
 
Doing this photography for Goldbug Studio got me interested in photography as a career, and just this one job helped me learn so much about the tricks and trades of photography you just can't pick up in school. So go to www.goldbugstudio.com and check out the work, and my photography!

No comments: